How are you REALLY? So I have something burning inside me but first I gotta ask a question. Let me know if this is you…
Find yourself in Facebook groups around creating your business/finding your passion/taking action (going all in) and just don’t feel SAFE to say what you want to say?
Feel scared because you have seen when people express that they are afraid they are shut down with GET OVER YOURSELF or some version of if you don’t say fuck it to your fears.. you’re not allowed in?
Feeling almost desperate to be seen for WHERE YOU ARE *starting out, too afraid to move forward, have and idea and want to raise your hand but you don’t because you don’t want to be made fun of/called out on… you have NO idea how to say what you need to say, without being thrown to the lions den?
ALMOST FEELS LIKE WE’RE BACK IN A CLASSROOM, AND WE HAVE A QUESTION BUT WE’RE TOO AFRAID TO ASK IT.
I don’t know about you, but I literally remember how it feels when I wanted to raise your hand in school, I KNEW I knew the answer (or I wanted to engage in the conversation) but the fear over everyone turning around and looking at me OR my teacher belittling me made my arm literally paralyzed.
WHY IS THAT?
1. From a students point of view – we want to be one with the crowd. We want to fit in. We don’t want to be the lone one in the crowd, with a different opinion. A strange belief that we want to discuss. Feeling the pressure to not say anything stupid.
2. From a teachers point of view – Those in the teaching role knowingly or unknowingly make the mistake of holding themselves up *not all teachers, but quite a few* ABOVE the students. They somehow come from a place that they know MORE, that BECAUSE they have gotten the education, the certification that they are ENTITLED to come from a place that…
They know… you don’t know.
It is unconscious. Most teachers in classrooms, or online world aren’t doing it consciously, but in an interesting turn.. most classroom teachers as well as online teachers are either frustrated or in self doubt WHY their students are not speaking up, doing the work… contributing.
WE WILL NOT PUT OUR HAND UP UNTIL WE FEEL SAFE TO DO SO.
If you want to build a business. If you want to discuss you’re health, your relationships, your finances.
We are NEVER going to raise our hand if we either feel like everyone is going to stare and us and snicker… OR if the teacher is going to get on her/his pedestal and let his/her teachings rain down from on high.
Just like animals can sense when they are in danger… WE can sense that when we are not safe to say what we feel in our hearts.. (even in it’s imperfect state) WE DON’T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL.
We we’re raised hearing:
- If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all.
- Don’t speak unless being spoken to.
- Wait your turn. *oh this is a biggie.
And this has given us the rules, the parameters of when we CAN talk.
When we CAN express ourselves and it’s not as often as we feel called in our hearts.
It’s NOT IN ALIGNMENT.
THAT’S WHAT THE SAFE PLACE INITIATIVE IS.
As a sensitive person, I can FEEL how many of us stay quiet when we really want to be safe to speak up.
Most of us don’t like confrontation because of this exact reason. We don’t feel SAFE to share our feelings if it in any way challenges another.
WE HAVE BIG THINGS TO DO IN THIS WORLD, BUT WE’RE NEVER GOING TO DO THEM IF WE FEEL AFRAID TO SAY WHAT IS IN OUR HEART.
This is my attempt to create that safe place for us.
The people in the SAFE PLACE INITIATIVE KNOW:
- They have something big to say
- They KNOW are feeling afraid to raise their hand but REALLY want to.
- They wish they felt had a space where they could PRACTICE without worrying about being looked at.
This is NOT just for those who want to be in business. I am NOT here to teach you how to make six figures in six months. Or how to find (or keep) that man/woman.
THAT IS NOT MY BAG.
I want to create a SAFE PLACE and TEACH what it would be like to do business from said safe place that you can go out and make those six figures (work with that coach, go to that exercise class, tell your parents that you want something different than them) without feeling ashamed for yourself.
Here is how it works: It mostly will run in the PRIVATE FACEBOOK GROUP that you will be added to when you join us.
- REGULAR Facebook shares/live streams/teachings. *Will post the GENERAL topics each week *Gotta leave space for off topic streams!
- REGULAR “I want to know” questions to you. *You are SAFE so I want to know some of the deeper questions to help us raise our hand.
- Thinking/Journalling/Meditating Prompts.
- You have my COMPLETE transparency and vulnerability. I will SHOW YOU by being the example that we CAN be safe to raise our hand.
- AFTER BEING IN THE INITIATIVE THREE MONTHS – We will arrange a complimentary 60 minute 1:1 session as my pay it forward to you. *You can arrange that right away if you pay three months in advance.
IF you are ready to find the courage to find your voice and raise your hand NO MATTER WHAT ANYONE SAYS or DOES.
To learn how to have XRAY VISION when you see a teacher or a fellow student snickering or a teacher who is shaming. (It’s always projection)
PS: IF you would like more hand in hand support, consider along with The Safe Place Initiative working with me 1:1 if you have goals that you want to work on together. NO PRESSURE, I TRUST if it’s right for you, it’ll happen. For more information click here or contact me for more information.
YOU ARE NOT CRAZY THAT YOU FEEL SCARED TO RAISE YOUR HAND.
IT’S MY MISSION TO SHOW YOU THERE IS A SAFE PLACE TO FACE OUR FEARS AND BUILD OUR COURAGE/VULNERABILITY MUSCLES SO YOU CAN GO OUT AND BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE IN THE WORLD.
YOU CAN DO IT, IT’S JUST A MATTER OF FEELING SAFE TO DO SO.
Questions? Email email@example.com
Yes, I'm ready!
I’m ready to join a safe online space to explore my business/passion/dream and to practice speaking my truth.
A safe online place to explore together.
Ongoing – a three month commitment gets you a complimentary 60 minute 1:1 session with yours truly
Weekly email with ideas on embracing a safe online space for your self, your business, or your community
Weekly thinking/journaling/meditating prompts
Facebook shares/livestreams/teachings (new topic each week!)